Sunday, April 26, 2020

PARENT EMAIL 4-26



Hi. I hope you all are doing well and had a great break. I have been busy getting another student work bag for you to pick up tomorrow or Tuesday. It should be the last time you have to come to school for a first grade pick up. There is a tied bag inside the reusable bag that I packed everything in. PLEASE hide this bag from your kids. Inside it are six wrapped and labeled Guess Box treats. We will do Guess Box every Thursday. It is one of their favorite class games that develops problem solving skills. It can only work if they do not know what is in the "box". After we play each Thursday they will come ask you for whichever week number we are on. That's when they can open and have their surprise. 

I also have a clear ziploc bag packed with cards, dice and letters. These will be used for lessons, games and assignments. They will also find some of their classroom name tags and decorations I thought they might like to keep.

For work I put in a math folder with lots of extra math practice. They can use this for assignments and/or whenever they want some extra math. There is also a theme, writing and reading folder. This has two play scripts, animal reader theatre scripts (like the fairy tale ones) and Earth Day work. We will be using this in Zoom and assignments. We will also continue to use the old packet that was sent before.

Zoom lessons will still be at 10:00 each school day. I will post assignments on Sundays at 3:00 and then weeknights at 8:00 for each following day. I will put links to Zoom and morning messages on the Google Classroom Stream as before. 

I'm in hopes you have passwords saved on the chrome books. If you need any, email me. I have them all saved.

Reminder: I need to see your child at Zoom OR see them marked as done on one or more assignments OR get an email from you about what s/he are working on for me to be able to mark her/him present for the day. Of course the more that your child can accomplish, the more s/he'll grow. You have all been doing an amazing job at this so I'm not worried...just thankful :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment