Thursday, August 3, 2017

SUMMER PARENT LETTER


Dear Parents,

Hi! School is just around the corner. I’m really excited to get the opportunity to work with you and you child. Together we will make this a successful year!
I have enclosed a transportation schedule. Please fill it out and have your child return it to me on, or by, the first day of school. This will be the schedule your child will follow unless I get a note or phone call from you changing it. For safety reasons, I cannot take your child’s verbal statement of where s/he is going.
On the back of the transportation schedule you will find a social media release form. I update my classroom blog 2-3 times a week with pictures and news. The kids really enjoy seeing themselves and sharing what they are doing with family and friends. I do NOT use names. I also like to publish a lot on the school Facebook page. Again, I will not use names. I encourage you to let your child be a part of this. You may also use any of the pictures I take of your child that you like. Check out our classroom blog at: www.vcslk1.blogspot.com to get a feel of what our classroom will be like:)!

Your child will have his/her own personal locker. Please feel free to leave extra clothes in a labeled bag in this locker. This way your child can change if a mishap occurs (puddles, paint etc.). It also tends to start off cool and get hot by the afternoon the first couple of months. Feel free to leave a sweatshirt or shorts in the locker as well. I don’t mind if the kids change during the day.

We will have snack each morning. I also allow the kids to grab a “working snack” in the afternoon if they get hungry. It’s a good idea to pack an extra just in case :)!

I have some requests for school supplies. They are:

Crayola markers
water colors (8 circle kind)
1 labeled plastic folder (for homework and notes)
1 labeled one inch, three-ringed binder - Just saw these at $ Tree!
Clorox wipes
4-pack thin dry erase markers
1 box of plain, boring, brown band-aids
glue sticks

If you any questions, feel free to call me at school (947-6573). You can also reach me by e-mail at lkimball@veaziecs.org.

I want to make your child’s transition to Grade 1-2 as easy as possible, your’s too :)!

Sincerely,

Laurie Kimball

P.S. I will be at school on Tuesday, August 29th from 9:30 - 11:30. If you are around, stop by. I’d love to see you and your child!


No comments:

Post a Comment