Friday, June 21, 2019

S'MORE LEARNING CAMP 6-21-19


Dear Parents,

S’more Learning Camp will begin on Monday, June 24th. The hours are 8:00 - 12:00. If your child is getting dropped off, please make sure 
s/he doesn’t arrive before 7:55 - 8:00 because there will not be any supervision until then. Campers are to report directly to the first grade room. If your child happens to be running late, you can walk him/her down or just tell them to go straight to our room. They do not need to check in at office like during the school year.

We will be having a snack each morning. Please pack your child a snack each day. If you need to speak to me, please email or send a note. My email is lkimball@veaziecs.org.  You can try the office phone, 947-6573, however there will not always be someone there to answer. This will make sure you can get me especially if transportation is going to change for that day. I plan on sending home a folder each day so we can keep in contact, also.

We will be reading, writing, and doing math each day. We will also publish stories, 3D print, do special projects and cook. There will not be any homework. However, I do know that some kids like to share books they have read at school. If your child wants to take home the books we read, s/he is more than welcome to. Just be sure to return them to school when done. 

Camp will run from June 24th through July 25th. There will be no camp on Thursday, July 4th. I know things come up during the summer. If your child needs to miss, please leave me message or let me know in advance. I like to know for planning and safety reasons.

I’m really excited about this new learning opportunity at V.C.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment