Wednesday, June 26, 2019

S'MORE LEARNING CAMP 6-26-19

S’MORE LEARNING CAMP
NEWSLETTER
June 27th


Dear Parents,


Camp is off to a great start! The bus is now on schedule after forgetting us
on Monday morning. We have twelve wonderful first through third graders
attending. We cooked muffins, read lots of books, did a couple of projects
(They’re hanging in the hall.), wrote in journals, worked on our chrome books
and did a STEM activity. If you haven’t heard, Colin, my son, is helping out. He
is a freshman at Brewer High specializing in math and science. 


I am keeping most of the kids’ work here at school until our last day. I plan on
sending home everything in one bag. We probably won’t use the folder much
except for a weekly note. Please, email if you have any questions or know your
child is going to be out. My email is lkimball@veaziecs.org. The school number
is 947-6573. My room extension number is 103. 


I sent home a schedule on Monday. I also put one in the clear pocket on the
back of the folder. I have added a special item for each day. 


Mondays - Cooking
Tuesdays - Library / Maker Space
Wednesdays - Special Project
Thursdays - STEM


Please remember to have your child return library books on Tuesdays if s/he
chooses to take any out. Of course, we will be doing lots of reading, writing and
math each day as well.


Reminder - There is no camp on Thursday, July 4th.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment