Sunday, August 4, 2019

FIRST GRADE PARENT LETTER 8-4-19



Hi! School is just around the corner. I’m really excited to get the opportunity
to work with you and your child. Together we will make this a successful year!
I have enclosed a transportation schedule. Please fill it out and have your
child return it to me on, or by, the first day of school. This will be the schedule
your child will follow unless I get a note or phone call from you changing it.
For safety reasons, I cannot take your child’s verbal statement of where s/he
is going.
On the back of the transportation schedule you will find a social media
release form. I update my classroom blog each week with pictures and news.
The kids really enjoy seeing themselves and sharing what they are doing
with family and friends. I do NOT use names. I also like to publish a lot on
the school Facebook page. Again, I will not use names. I encourage you to
let your child be a part of this. You may also use any of the pictures I take
of your child...just drag them off the page or screenshot. Check out our
classroom blog at: www.vcslk1.blogspot.com to get a feel of what our
classroom will be like:)!


Your child will have his/her own personal locker. Please feel free to leave
extra clothes in a labeled bag in this locker. This way your child can change
if a mishap occurs (puddles, paint etc.). It also tends to start off cool and get
hot by the afternoon the first couple of months. Feel free to leave a sweatshirt
or shorts in the locker as well. I don’t mind if the kids change during the day.


We will have snack each morning. I also allow the kids to grab a
“working snack” in the afternoon if they get hungry. It’s a good idea to pack
an extra just in case :)!


I have some requests for school supplies. They are:


1 box of Ticonderoga pre-sharpened pencils 
Crayola markers
Crayola watercolors (8 circle kind)
1 labeled one inch, three-ringed binder - only 1” will fit in work boxes
Clorox wipes
4-pack thin dry erase markers
1 box of plain, boring, brown band-aids
glue sticks
2 bottles of Elmer’s Glue
Tissues
Sandwich size Ziploc baggies
Gallon size Ziploc baggies
highlighter


You might have noticed that your child no longer needs a plastic folder. The
P.T.O. has graciously bought each child a special V.C.S. folder to use for the
year. Also, please do not buy a pencil box for your child. We do not have
room to store them. 


If you have any questions, feel free to call me at school (947-6573). You can
also reach me by e-mail at lkimball@veaziecs.org


I want to make your child’s transition to Grade 1 as easy as possible, yours’
too :)!


Sincerely,


Laurie Kimball

P.S. Can’t wait to see you at Open House - Community Dinner on Tuesday,
August 27th from 5:30 - 7:00. Our first day of school will be the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment