Friday, September 1, 2023

First Grade Newsletter 9-1-23

 Hello! What a super, terrific first three days! I cannot say enough about this group of first graders! I am so impressed by them already. It's going to be an awesome year!

This week we have spent time getting to know our new classroom and routines. We are talking a lot about how we are a school family. We brainstormed the best ways we can make sure everyone feels safe and happy here at school. The kids made their own classroom rules. They are: 

 1. Be Kind.

 2. Listen when others are speaking.

 3. Help Others.

4. Apologize, even if it's an accident.

5. Make sure everyone feels included.

6. Hands (and all other body parts) to self.

7. Try your best.

I think they did a great job! They had so many kind and caring ideas. We condensed the list to seven. I have to say I am really looking forward to my days with them!

We had fun with our our Pokémon theme. We designed our own Pokéballs and made our own Pokémon cards. They are hanging in the hallway. We also had fun with designing our a Pokémon with stickers. We even practiced letters and addition with Pokéballs. Some even liked the addition game so much they took one home to play for fun.

Next week, we will continue to add more academic pieces to our day. No homework next week. We're still getting used to school. Plus it's going to be too hot! (If anyone has a portable air conditioner they'd like us to use, feel free to drop it off. haha) 

You may notice I changed the Specials Schedule on the back of your child's folder. I had put Library for Thursday and it was supposed to be Guidance. Same time, different special.

I posted the pictures from the First Day already so you might have to scroll back to see them. The rest will be put on after this newsletter. Remember, they are in opposite order of when they happened...no clue why but it drives me crazy. Also, I take pics randomly throughout the day but I always miss something or someone. It evens out in the end. Feel free to screenshot pictures of your child and use them.

Happy Long Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment