Sunday, September 27, 2015

And This Is Just One Reason I Love First Grade!

First Graders are so adorable! I love how they think and how they truly believe in the wonders of the world. On Friday I took down our Super Hero bulletin board while they were at Phys. Ed. When they came back to the room they were shocked to see this...


Instantly they knew what had happened! The fairies had been here! So, inside I am just tickled because I know this is because the book series we are reading, The Pixie Tricks.


(Quick side note: if you are looking to make your kids go absolutely crazy, they are still selling these books on Amazon even though they aren't printing them anymore. There are eight in the series.) 
Okay, back to the story...
The teacher in me is now thinking...great time for a science lesson. So we start brainstorming other things that could have cause this to happen. Two ideas were:  the things were hanging so long that the backs came off and the marks are shadows. We expanded on the shadow idea and figured out shadows are caused by the sun and we have skylights right above the board. All of a sudden I have lots of excited faces. I'm thinking, "They've figured this out, the sun faded the paper." Oh yes, they figured it out...We now are sure it was the fairies and pixies! This is just like Peter Pan when he lost his shadow because there are fairies there, too! 
And this is just one reason I absolutely love first grade!
They are so innocent, sweet and excited about everything around them. They believe :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment