Sunday, March 29, 2020

PARENT EMAIL 3-29


SUNDAY 3-29-20

Tomorrow we start our first “mandated” week of At Home School. However, I really feel we’ve been doing it for two weeks now. I think we are into a pretty good rhythm. I am going to try my very best to send you out a note on Sundays to let you know what you will need for the Zoom lessons. We will aim for M-F at 10:00. If this gets to be too much, we will reevaluate.

Realizing everyone is at a different place in how their family is dealing with this trying situation, I’m trying to plan for the middle. Some like lots of things to do, some like less. Some like online activities, some like paper and pencil.I DO NOT expect you to do every activity, everyday. You know your family’s stress level and what they can handle right now. I know this age group needs a lot of parental support to be able to do their learning...even getting to use zoom will take parent help. I know many of you are working from home and helping other kids. Do what you can, when you can. If you have to prioritize, reading, math and writing first. Science, Social Studies, Projects and Specials next. If you have access to books on your kids reading levels, feel free to use those instead of Raz-Kids and Epic. I’m just trying to give everyone access to learning. I will take attendance throughout the day and relay it to the school each night.This way you can participate anyway you can at any time. I can see that you clicked Mark as Done or commented on Google Classroom. I can see you logged into a Portaportal site. I can see a picture of you reading a book on my email (lkimball@veaziecs.org). I will count any of these things.

Looking ahead...I have found a great site called Go Sciencethat has a unit on the Rainforest. I have links to each lesson in Google Classroom. Once you see your child has begun it Lessons 2 and up should give you 20-25 minutes of your own uninterrupted time. I’m hoping your child will also be able to handle the sites I send which might also give you some time to work.


MATERIALS FOR ZOOM SESSIONS

These can be found in the Zoom folder in Google Classroom as well.

Monday - Function Machine math, stapled packet, Math book and pencil.
Tuesday - Math book and pencil.
Wednesday - Nick Helps THE RAINFOREST copied book, Amazon Rainforest Match sheet, scissors, glue or tape, pencil, something to color with.
Thursday - Math book and pencil.
Friday - Green construction paper that is stapled to one piece of white construction paper, The Rainforest Layer song - it's on one sheet of paper, pencil, scissors, glue or tape and something to color with.


ANYDAY - If you have something to share that you have worked on at home (ex. a drawing, story. math sheet ect.), we will try to take 5-10 minutes at the end to share them. It might be just a quick everyone hold it up to each other. It will depend on how much time we have. The quicker I can get through my planned lesson, the more time you'll have.

FIRST GRADE ZOOM SESSIONS WILL BE 10:00 M-F unless otherwise told.
LINK TO ZOOM SESSION:
Join Zoom Meeting (also posted below)
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7486434998
Meeting ID: 748 643 4998

No comments:

Post a Comment